It’s clear that the financial impact of COVID19 on our shelters will be substantial. Thankfully, a number of our larger organizations and funders have stepped up to provide grants to support our work.
- ASPCA COVID19 Support Hub
- Petco Foundation Disaster Relief Grants
- Petfinder Grants – COVID-19 Operation Grant – available to adoption organizations that have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Grant funds can be used to purchase cleaning supplies, food, vaccines, or anything else you may need in order to continue caring for your adoptable pets. Grant Amount: Grants range from $500 to $1,000
- Petsmart Charities – PetSmart Charities has developed a COVID-19 grant program and is evaluating conditions resulting from COVID-19, and the best ways they can support our partners, pet parents and pets.
Federal Financial Help
Click here for an overview of the Small Business Administration’s Coronavirus Emergency Loans that nonprofits with fewer than 500 employees are eligible for under the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act.
The National Council on Nonprofits have put together a great overview of loans available through the CARES Act. Click here to download it.
Click here to go to the SBA’s website on COVID19 Disaster Assistance.
COVID19 Webinar on Pets Impacted by the Crisis, presented by The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement, the WSAVA – World Small Animal Veterinary Association, University of Florida Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program, and MightyVet.
Webinars by Rescue Disinfectants–Both webinars are at this one link, check back for updates
- Best Practice Strategies Before, During and After the Pandemic, presented by Sara Pizano, DVM, PA, Team Shelter USA, University of Florida and Million Cat Challenge
- COVID19 in Veterinary and Animal Group Settings: Protecting People and Animals, presented by Jason Stull, DVM, MPDVM, Ph.D., Dipl ACVPM, Ohio State University and J. Scott Weese, DVM, DVSc, Dipl ACVIM, University of Guelph
American Veterinary Medical Association COVID19 Information
ASPCA COVID19 Support Hub
HSUS Shelter Took Kit
Humane Society Veterianary Medical Association Guidance
UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program Guidance
University of FL/Maddie’s Fund Guidance
Nonprofit Finance Fund: COVID19 Tools and Resources for Nonprofits
American Pets Alive COVID19 Shelter Preparedness Guide
Cornell Maddie’s Fund Shelter Medicine Program COVID19 Resource Guide